Saturday, March 7, 2009

NEW YORK WEAKLY






Another NY week!! Nothing too much
It is almost 70Degrees today here in the Big Apple!!
I heard on NPR today that it is gonna be 90 tomorrow!! I doubt that..must be a joke.
BUT if one considers it was ZERO degrees and Snow Stormy a few DAYS ago why not think it could turn on a dime. GLOBAL WARMING has to be the cause.
One advantage right now is one can walk about and enjoy the city on foot instead of from claustrophobic city bus gagging on fetid recycled and germ strewn air.
I had some business midtown and took advantage of footwork to visit Rockefeller Center.
My College, ITHACA, was in town for Senior Field Study and I did a seminar on longevity in the theatre (Arts). Three of us spoke t,o and with, a group of about 25 theatre students.
A smart, intelligent and interested and interesting group.
They had seen a few shows and had very insightful and varied opinions. Fresh view from fresh faced educated thespians!
These seminars are always enlightening for both sides. They come back to NY to do a presentation on May 11th and I will try to attend.
For those of you who don't know Ithaca College..It is set in a beautiful part of NY State and on the mouth of the Cayuga Lake. Cornell is the "other" school which Ithaca Campus looks down upon from the South Hill on Danbury Road.
There was as reception after the seminar on 45th St and after that I walked my good pal and Ithaca colleague Lesie Shreve to the Players Club on Gramercy Park.
It was a gorgeous night and high on one Scotch and Fried and Battered finger foods I was up and ready to perambulate with vigor.
I love those clear nights of early evening in New York. The city, especially on a Friday, is rumbling with the energy of another weekend on the brink.
People in bustling OVERPRICED restaurants and the gaggles of smokers babbling on cell phones :
"Well you know you are the cause of my anxiety..."...;;"I was on a shoot today and couldn't call you..." ;;"I am at the restaurant. Where are you?"
No wonder Neil Simon traveled NYC with a note pad and wrote snippets of dialogue that way.
I passed some interesting window displays and took some photo shots. That is always fun.
One was a celebration of Brabie's 50th Anniversary in the windows of ROTHSTEIN a mannequin manufacturing place of high end. quality
We are off to see a new movie with Felicity Huffman written and directed by Daniel Barnz (nee:Bernstein). Dan is the brother of a good friend and we hope it is a smash.
The problem with all this Temperature Change is WHAT to wear??
I say be prepared for it all. We may get out of the movie to another Snowstorm before morning!!

Take Care

XX
Keybored

No comments: