Wednesday, May 20, 2009

STEP UP






I had the terrific experience of working on a film yesterday. The title is
STEP UP 3-D.
A terrific Asian Director named John Chu headed an atmosphere of professional fun and creative discovery. That is IF he leaves in all the stuff I did in the Diner scene. =0-)
The cast that day included the handsome leading man Rick Malambri as Luke and the quirky, funny and talented Adam Sevani as his side kick Moose. I played an irate customer in the Diner and we did a lot of Ado-Lib stuff. SOme of it was not useable due to infringement. I couldn't use FOOTLOOSE as a reference in a tyrade..John said that would cost them $20,000!! Wow who knew! It was funny however...Damn.
It was a long day but due to the temperament and light attitudes on the set it went very quickly. Alot of the pace of the day was set by a stellar crew including the make up and wardrobe and hiar as well. The lighting was amazing. The Cameras were diffrent from those I had seen or worked with before. Well it is 3-D!
I had to find not only Williamsburg, Brooklyn but the Relish Diner on N4th and Wythe
Street. I was up before 5 AM and on the L train by 6:15..I was in Brooklyn on the set site by 6:30. Wow who knew!?
I was home by about 8:30 and felt exhilerated and exhausted.
On Monday night about 12 of us attended Jon Peterson's show at the Triad on 72nd St.
SONG AND DANCE MAN was a hit and so much fun. His last show was tonight and I hope it was another smashing success.
On Sunday four of us went north to Chester Connecticut to see LUCKY GUY. A wonderful Country Western spoof written and conceived by veteran performer Willard Beckham. It included Tony Winner Gary Beach and EVITA tour and Broadway Vet Stacia Fernandez.
Stacia and I did teh 1993 EVITA tour and Gary & Willard and I worked on Broadway in SOMETHING'S AFOOT!! Small world!!
It was so much good fun and major frolic! It was well paced and directed, as well as choreographed by Warren Carlyle.
The audience jumped to its feet with hoots and hollers.
We were the guests of L. Glenn Poppleton and Jeffrey Finn and they were so generous to share this with us.
I hope it has NY life and we all get to see it again.
Meantime...I look forward to summer..It looks like I may go to Maine for a summer job lasting until mid August. If negotiations improve it would be lovely to spend some time in a state I have never seen!
I hear it is beautiful and a popular resort town, Ogunquit.
So if I get there and you travel up north.....hope to see you.

XXX
Keybored

No comments: