Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MERRY STREETS OF NY
















I took a long walking trek today and took some photos of the very crowded and festive streets of NY.
Times Square, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center and a few store windows. Saks, Macy's, and Lord & Taylor windows were all bobbing and bouncing with mechanized scenes and motorized miniatures.
I recommend the MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET windows along Macy's 34th Street side.
Rockefeller Center and the huge Tree are a joy as usual. I love watching the ice skaters and the beautiful lighting especially on the Prometheus Fountain.
I will take another trek farther uptown to Barney and Bergdorff's. Both those stores usually have terrifically designed windows for the season.
Bryant Park was buzzing with a village of shops and a very nice makeshift two story restaurant overlooking the temporary ice rink.
I had gone to TKT earlier to see if I could get tickets half price for the evening performance of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC as they are in Previews and open this weekend. But unfortunately the show was not up on the board there.
I am very anxious to see Angela Lansbury in a role that I am sure is a perfect fit for her.
I saw the original and it is still fresh in my mind. A beautiful production under the skillful and delicate direction of Hal Prince. Florence Klotz's costumes were also spectacular as was the Birch Tree rich set.
I hope I can get to see it soon.
The street traffic was extremely congested but I managed to navigate without too much difficulty.
I recommend doing the X-Mas Trek late at night when places are deserted and the magic of the season can be more accessible.
Next week we'll get a tree of our own and start the home festivities.

MERRY MERRY
XXX
Keybored

No comments: