Friday, January 16, 2009

9 DEGREES OF SEPARATION






OH MY GOD..IT IS 9 DEGREES OUTSIDE AND ZERO WITH THE WIND CHILL!
It was however a HOT SHOW and a HOT AUDIENCE! It was little Matthew (one of our Noah's) last show.
I LOVED working with him. Talented and smart and will have a terrific career if he keeps at it. I guess he is as he is going tomorrow to Atlanta for some Junior Theatre Contest or something like that.
Both he and Brad, who shares the role of Noah, are both pros at such a young age!! Neither kid really understands the respect and how well thought of CAROLINE OR CHANGE is among the theatre industry. SO having done the show and so well they already are in the major place that has resonance.
Our incredible Caroline, E.Faye Butler, took Matthews hand and shared her final bows with him. Very moving and I know it meant a lot to the boy.
GOOD LUCK MATTHEW BREAK THE LEG!!
All Baltimore is preparing for OBAMA'S appearance tomorrow at the War Memorial across from the Court House.
I find it Ironic that the Memorial is on GAY Street and then we have all that controversy about Rick Warren, who abhors Gay Marriage, giving the Inaugural Prayer.
We are all getting set to leave on SUnday or Monday and I am sad to break up this amazing cast and leave this stirring and terrific version of CAROLINE. But we must go ONWARD!!
I am looking forward to going home and getting back into my own world and old groove.
I will very much miss all of the fun and talented people I was privileged to work with on this project.
And I will also miss playing the upstart Mr.Stopnick! It was a comfortable fit and joy to sing. ONE I LEARNED IT!!
We are saying goodbye to Bush as he leaves under a cloud of mishaps, mis-steps and mistakes.
We celebrate Mr.Obama's first steps toward the White House. Along with a new outlook and a New Year under a New Administration.
I too will be watching on the viewing screens with hope and joy tomorrow.
ONWARD ONWARD

xxx

Keybored

No comments: