Saturday, December 27, 2008

HOLIDAZICAL











MERRY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND TO ALL ;;;;;
Had a hectic holiday as I am sure most of us have had!
We at CAROLINE OR CHANGE had Secret Santa on Tuesday right before our show at 7PM.
It was great fun and everyone enjoyed it.
My secret Santa was Brett Johnson who plays Joe Thibodeaux Caroline's youngest.
I was showered with terrific computer gifts and then two beautiful Photo Albums for my Photo Fetish! I LOVE TAKING PICTURES!
I am still eating the Yummy Candies that came along with them.
Thank You Brett and your sweet mother Nina.
My Secret Santa person was LIBYA PUGH who plays Dottie (Flawlessly).
She so appreciated the Grey Goose and Pineapple juice mixes I got her..among other fun stuff. She told me she loved the Penguin container a lot!

We had a great show Tuesday and then went to a LATKE party at Carole Schweid's apartment. Everyone brought goodies and Carole's Latkes were Delicious and they went great with ALL the other tasty treats..including guacamole!!
We then played a frantic game of TABOO..which I SUCKED AT.
I also STINK at CHARADES...ask the Jelineo Family on the West Coast! OY!

After Taboo Humiliation I slunk back to my apartment to prepare for the X-Mas festivities!
Wed, Christmas Eve, I went to pal Bob & Kevin's wonderful home and started food prep..
Made Spinach Ravioli in an Artichoke /Pesto/ Parmesan sauce...some terrific veggie meatballs on the side and Chicken Sun Dried Tomato sausage..Yummy. All that and dips and the usual eats and sweets.
It was 60 degrees..Like a Christmas in Los Angeles!!
X-Mas day we were still bloated ..but I prepared Wild Rice and Wild Mushrooms and Steamed mixed vegetables and a really good Turkey Breast...then we Indulged and gorged on Ta'rea's (One of our FAB RADIO GALS) , on her Mom's incredible Carrot Cake. The unanimous opinion was: "IT IS THE BEST CARROT CAKE I EVER TASTED!" And that was TRUE CORRECT and DEAD ON!!
YUMMMMMMM
Our new Dog Pal "SHORTY" (Bob & Kevin's huge, sweet hound) was enjoying all the tasty treats as well.


Jeff arrived Wednesday at about 7:15 and he stayed until about an hour ago .
He saw CAROLINE last night..and had the reaction I knew he would. He LOVED IT.
Found it more accessible and intriguing and more FULL and easier to follow than the one we saw in New York.
He thought the cast was incredible. And found E.Faye Butler a revelation of talent and force.
My feelings were exactly that from day one when I heard this cast in rehearsal!! WOW!
A bunch of the cast came to the Mezzanine Bar and met Jeff and we all had drinks and fun.

I am a bit tired today and we have the matinee and an evening then a repeat of that tomorrow.

CAROLINE is a show I am thrilled to be in and so proud to be a part of.
Haven't felt this about a show since SWEENEY TODD National Tour.

Friends are coming through Jan 11th and I hope they will appreciate the show the way we have.
I leave this blog with Jeff's quote:
" IF THIS CAST AND PRODUCTION HAD BEEN ON BROADWAY IT WOULD STILL BE PLAYING!"

Happy PRE-NEW YEAR to ALL!

XXX
Keybored

on

No comments: