Wednesday, December 31, 2008

OOH OOH OOH NINE






IT IS ALMOST 2009..
How amazing to slide into a new year in a few hours. It is a birth of sorts and a death too. Bye to the past hello to the present and future!
Here in Baltimore I am told they will do a Fireworks display at the harbor. That should be beautiful. I might go if I have the energy and time after the performance.
New York is snowy and wet and 19 degrees with the wind chill. Times Square looked dingy and soggy on the TV. I did that Times Square New Years once and won't do it again.
It is just too crowded and frantic.
Anyway...we had a terrific show last night and pals Clark, Bev and Brilane saw a HOT show. I got Applause on my "First real conversation" line ..I STOPPED the show!! I was amazed as it was unexpected and never happened before. Now I have to let that go and NOT expect it again! Clark was in tears at the end of the show as I watched him at the curtain call.
It was a fuller house than we have had and I think that had something to do with the collective energy and appreciation of the audience. GOOD MORE PLEASE!!
We have only a few more weeks here and I think this is a show that has gained momentum and could run longer...and should.
But we are all anxious to get back to our lives, loved ones and the endless pursuit of more work!
Brilane worked here on HOMICIDE TV show and drove us to Fells Point where they filmed. We ate at JIMMYS...a famous eatery on the harbor mall there.
It was picturesque and very different than Harbor Place which is more like South Street Seaport in NY.
Lots of shops and restaurants and interesting stores. Had a Turkey club with delicious Cole Slaw at JIMMYS..YUM!
Clark's sister Sally is going to the Inauguration ceremony. Lucky girl! But it is likely to be as hectic and frantic as Times Square
is on New Year's Eve!!
His family was part of the Government in DC as his Uncle was Senator Russell Long and very respected So the family still gets into the ceremonial mix I guess. .
I had thoughts of going there after we closed as I never have been to a major political gathering in DC. And especially nothing of such historically high profile.
I thought 40,000 or more people on the Willamette River in Portland, Oregon for John Kerry was something to see and attend but that is nothing compared to what is gonna be happening in DC!!
Hope that the slide into 2009 is Fun and that all our dreams and desires are realized.
May we learn to get along with our neighbors and fellow HUMANS please!
May the Globe return to normalcy and stop warming over.
May jobs and security once again be part of our lives .
May the struggle to gain Universal Heathcare finally be resolved in our collective favor ..
And May Greed and Selfish behavior be a thing of the past.

Have a great New Year's Eve and a Greater NEW YEAR!

XXX

Keybored

No comments: